Welcome to Intersecting Connections!
Intersecting Connections (IC) is a developing and innovative programming initiative created to address various issues that minority students may face at UNLV. The idea for the IC originated from students who continuously requested the same type of assistance, increased information or targeted resources for mental health. To help address some of these concerns and help fill the gap the Intersection partnered with:
- Behavioral Health Services for Student Wellness
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Housing & Residential Life
- The Intersection: Academic Multicultural Resource Center
- Student Diversity & Social Justice (SDSJ)
Collaboratively, this new initiative has addressed many topics that have affected our local community including: managing stress and anxiety during COVID-19, discussions on how pandemics affect minority populations, and how to best prepare for returning to UNLV.